- Students in grades K-12 will be trained every year using the Student Training Materials here. This training will be documented on the CMGConnect platform.
- Parents may opt out of having their children trained, but they must sign a form to document their decision.
- Every staff person will will be trained and have their background checked every 5 years, as will every volunteer working regularly with minors and vulnerable adults. This, too, will be done on the CMGConnect platform.
STUDENTS: After Students are trained (we are aiming for the end of October 2019), enter the counts requested by CMGConnect.
- Make sure students are trained in their parish or school (including home school) using age appropriate resources from the Diocese of Saint Cloud. They are listed at Student Training Materials.
- Enter the training data (date, time, numbers trained, trainers, etc.) in https://stcloud.cmgconnect.org by going to Children’s Data>Add New and filling in the fields.
NOTE: Choose “Other” for the ‘Program Name’ using the drop down menu, and, in the ‘Notes’, put the current year’s training program.
- Parents may sign a form to opt out of this training, but they assume the task of addressing this important topic at home.
ADULTS: Ask staff and volunteers working regularly with minors and vulnerable adults to make sure their background checks and synced training are current.
Staff and Volunteers must have current background checks BEFORE they begin their ministry, as per the Sexual Misconduct Policy (Revised_Sexual_Misconduct_Policy_2019 and Revised_Sexual_Misconduct_Policy_Spanish_2019).
Then they do their next training when their current background check expires. We are not requiring annual training as in the past.
- You may check your users by logging into your account, and going to Users>All Users. To download a list of your users with their certification status, background check dates and more, click on the Export CSV button (it is Excel compatible).
- If you cannot find someone on the list after searching for them using the fields above the list:
- Check the list under Users>Archived. If they are archived, you can unarchive (recover) them by clicking on the button to the right.
- They may be in the CMGConnect platform under another parish or school. Use the Search User in Diocese button, and if you find them, add them to your secondary list by clicking on the light star button to the right. You can then see them anytime by going to Users>Secondary User List. Note that the Secondary User List is only for you. Even other site administrators in your parish cannot see that list.
- If the person you are looking for is not in the system, have them go to https://stcloud.cmgconnect.org, Register for a New Account, and do the full training.
It wouldn’t hurt for users (your staff and appropriate volunteers) to log in periodically to make sure their profiles are updated and email address entered. The email address helps in password resets and notifications through CMGConnect.