We have moved to a new platform for Adult Training and Background checks hosted at Catholic Mutual Group’s CMG Connect. Your parish or school site administrator has more information, and you may always contact Catholic Education Ministries at 320-251-0111 with questions.
Instructions for Logging into Safe Environment Training and Background Checking at CMG Connect (https://stcloud.cmgconnect.org/)
If you have had your background checked within the last four years:
Your account is already in the system! Check with your Site Administrator for your username and password.
- Go to https://stcloud.cmgconnect.org/ and click on the green Sign in Here button on the top right.
- Use this format for your username: legalfirstname.lastname.dosc (example – Betty Jones would type in Elizabeth.Jones.dosc) Note: in very few cases there are people with the same name. In that case, make sure that your site is the correct parish or school. If it isn’t, log in again with a “1” after “.dosc”.
- Your site administrator will have your password for you, which you will want to change upon first login.
- Make sure your Profile is complete and correct (this is a one-time task).
- Do the “RENEWAL TRAINING – A Safe Side of the Line (St Cloud)” which will NOT prompt you to have your background checked. It will take about 30 minutes.
- You will not need to do training again until your background check expires, at which time you will use your same account and do the longer training that ends with a background check.
If you are new, or have a background check that expires this year or before:
- Go to https://stcloud.cmgconnect.org/ and fill in the information under Register for a New Account and complete the information requested. You may choose any username.
- Do the “Safe Environment Training, Policy Acknowledgement, and Background Check (St Cloud)” which WILL prompt you to have your background checked. It will take about 90 minutes, but you can log out between segments and return later. While you may pause a video, it will start from the beginning if you log out, so make sure you have time to watch each one to complete its segment.
NOTE on how to advance after reading the documents: Some end users have had difficulty getting past the embedded documents in their browsers (the Internet program). The window with the document is scrollable… but under that window is the button to advance to the next segment. Make sure you use the far right scroll bar, or your mouse’s scroll wheel while hovering outside the document, to scroll further down to find the “I Understand and Agree to the Above Terms”, “Next Page” or “Curriculum Completed” button, depending on the context. (In rare cases, it may help to zoom out the view of your window to see the button as well.)
Here is the 2017-2018 Adult Training in case you want to review it
Step 1: Sign a Criminal Background Check Release Form and return it to your Safe Environment Contact person if you have not done so within the past 5 years
- If you are a paid staff member, use this form (even if you also volunteer): PAID STAFF Background Check Release Form (PDF).
- If you are a volunteer, use this form VOLUNTEER Background Check Release Form (PDF).
- Instructions for Safe Environment Contact people can be found here.
Step 2: Read the Diocesan Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Policy (Revised, April 2017. English, PDF)
- Política (The new policy will be translated. Spanish, DOC)
Step 3: Read the Ethics and Integrity Guidelines.
Step 4: Watch the following video: “Creating a Safe Environment: Building a Community of Trust”.
Step 5: Complete the questionnaire below, click “submit,” and wait for the confirmation notice.
This will document the completion of your annual safe environment training (refresh the page if you don’t see the training questions below).
Note: After you click “Submit”, you should see a message saying “Your online training is complete!” If it doesn’t appear, please click here, answer the questions, and click “Submit” again.
FOR TRAINERS DOING FACE TO FACE TRAINING: You may download the Word (DOC) or PDF version of this questionnaire to make copies for your group. Each participant will need to sign it, and you will want to keep the signed forms on file.
Also, you may download the video by right clicking here (MP4) and selecting Save As… , Save Target As…, or Save Link as… depending on your browser. That way, Internet access during your showing is not an issue. You can play the video right from your computer.
You must click the “Submit” button for the information to be sent. If there is any problem seeing the questions, click here to reload the form.