Bishop Donald Kettler convened a steering committee to design a single Catholic school system — named Catholic Community Schools — for the St. Cloud metro area and surrounding communities. To keep the public apprised of its work and address general questions people may have, the group provides regular updates in The Visitor and on the diocesan website (www.stclouddiocese.org; click on “St. Cloud-area Catholic schools initiative.”) The following are highlights from the committee’s Nov. 13 meeting.
- The steering committee reviewed feedback since its last meeting. Members Bill Kain and David Borgert presented more information at a listening session at St. Wendelin and Holy Cross schools. They also will be visiting other supporting parishes that are not formally connected to a school. School principals are currently working on more collaboration through staff development, marketing and parent learning opportunities.
- The steering committee continued its discussion of the draft budget. The finance sub-committee was asked to write an executive summary of its work and be prepared to submit it to Bishop Kettler at the next CCS meeting Dec. 11.
- Steering committee members continued their discussion around a draft set of bylaws for CCS. Members Tom Janson and Bill Kain were asked to compile a draft set of bylaws to present to Bishop Kettler at the Dec 11 meeting.
- The steering committee finalized the superintendent job description. This will be submitted to Bishop Kettler at the Dec. 11 meeting.
- The committee reviewed communication updates and discussed responses to frequently asked questions.
Feedback and next meeting
Questions or comments?
Next meeting: Dec. 11.