“Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship”
The most recent version of the U.S. bishops’ teaching document on the political responsibility of Catholics
- http://usccb.org/issues-and-action/faithful-citizenship/forming-consciences-for-faithful-citizenship-title.cfm (English)
- http://usccb.org/issues-and-action/faithful-citizenship/formando-la-conciencia-para-ser-ciudadanos-fieles-indice.cfm (en Español)
Resources from the Diocese of Saint Cloud
Do’s and Don’ts – Guidelines during election season
From the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
Election resources from the Minnesota Catholic Conference
Includes parish guidelines for political activity, election novena and a link to MCC’s Catholic Advocacy Network, which provides Minnesota Catholics with ways to easily take action and stay informed on issues, policies, and legislation throughout the year.
Parish town hall toolkit, from the Minnesota Catholic Conference, to assist parishes in hosting town halls with their state legislative candidates.
Additional Election Resources
- Find out if you are eligible to vote.
- Register or update your voter registration. (Not sure if you’re already registered? Check your voter registration status online.)
- Request an absentee ballot to vote by mail. Voting by mail is safe and secure.
- Find your polling place, if planning to vote in person.
“Civilize It” campaign
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has launched a campaign inviting Catholics to model civility and love for neighbor throughout the year. “Civilize It: Dignity Beyond the Debate” asks Catholics “to pledge civility, clarity, and compassion in their families, communities, and parishes, and call on others to do so as well.” Read more and take the pledge at: https://www.wearesaltandlight.org/civilize-it