Tips for Parents of Teens
Tips from Parents of Teenagers to Parents of Teenagers
- Set as few rules as possible. Then, stick to them.
- Expect your rules to be tested.
- Respect their privacy.
- Maintain the generation gap.
- Let them work out their own life styles.
- Try not to make promises that you can't keep.
- Don't try so hard to communicate.
- Expect good, and you may get it.
- Don't worry when they don't talk.
- Enlist the help of your older children in understanding the needs of your younger ones.
- Admit you're human and make mistakes.
- Be available when they need you.
- Let your children be children.
- Be patient.
- Hug lots and laugh often.