The Diocese of Saint Cloud was created in 1889. It has grown from 30,000 Catholics at its humble beginning to over 133,000 today. The Diocese covers approximately 12,500 square miles and spans 16 counties in Central Minnesota.

The following Bishops have faithfully served the people of the Diocese of Saint Cloud:

The Most Reverend Otto Zardetti
1889 – 1894

The Most Reverend Martin Marty, O.S.B.
1895 – 1896

The Most Reverend James Trobec
1897 – 1914

The Most Reverend Joseph F. Busch
1915 – 1953

The Most Reverend Peter W. Bartholome
1953 – 1968

The Most Reverend George H. Speltz
1968 – 1987

The Most Reverend Jerome G. Hanus, O.S.B.
1987 – 1994

The Most Reverend John F. Kinney
1995 – 2013

The Most Reverend Donald J. Kettler
2013 – Present