The Vatican tells us each that this will be a day on which the entire Christian community must be attentive to the hand of the poor, the weak, the men and women whose dignity is so often trampled upon.
In his message, Pope Francis recalls the Biblical expression from the First Letter of St. John: Love not in word but in deed. Pope Francis is calling each person to make every effort, especially in the week preceding, “to create moments of encounter and friendship, solidarity and concrete assistance.” He is also asking that the poor and the volunteers participate together in the Holy Eucharist on Sunday, and then welcome the poor “as honored guests at our table.” (Click here to read the full statement from the Vatican.)
To assist you, your family, your friends, and your fellow parishioners in fully honoring this call, we have compiled the following resources for your use.
- Message from Pope Francis
- Multilingual Logos & Mottos
- Schedule of events in Rome
- Request Free Tickets to Mass in Rome
- Pastoral Aid
Catholic Relief Services:
- Sunday Reading Reflections, Quotes from Pope Francis, Bulletin Announcement, Parish Activity Suggestions, and Prayers of the Faithful