What is Courage and EnCourage?
EnCourage – Faith in Action
EnCourage is a ministry dedicated to the spiritual needs of parents, siblings, children, and other relatives and friends of persons who have same-sex attractions. Standing by the true teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, EnCourage members support one another and their loved ones through discussion, prayer and fellowship.
The Goals of EnCourage:
1. Help members themselves to grow spiritually through developing a vital relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as authentically taught in our Roman Catholic Tradition.
2. Enable members to gain a deeper understanding of the needs, problems, and issues experienced by men and women with same-sex attractions.
3. Help members establish and maintain a healthy and wholesome relationship with the loved one who experiences same-sex attractions.
4. Assist other parents and families not to reject but to reach out with compassion and truth to their loved one with same-sex feelings and behaviors.
5. Witness to our loved one by our own lives that a happy, wholesome life is to be found in union with Jesus Christ and with His body, the Church.
EnCourage meetings are not taking place at this time. Contact Patrick at (320) 252-4721 or email@example.com with any questions.
Desire of the Everlasting Hills. This moving documentary tells the story of three people who experience same-sex attractions and how they found freedom, peace, and joy in Christ and His Church. Comes with study guide. (See Programs – Special Topics) (Online video and DVD are available at Everlasting Hills.org.)
The Third Way. A 40-minute documentary film focusing on the Catholic Church’s teachings regarding Homosexuality.
Does God Make People Gay? Fr. Philip Bochanski, the Executive Director of Courage, addresses this challenging question in this short clip. To learn more, watch the entire talk from which the above clip was excerpted. Fr. Bochanski gave this presentation on Christian anthropology and sexual ethics as they relate to the experience of same-sex attractions at a 2016 Clergy Study Day (VIDEO).
EnCourage Daily Prayer Conference Call – 8:00 p.m.
- EnCourage daily conference call 8:00 p.m.
- Call 1 (712) 770-8055
- When prompted, enter 602930
You are free to remain anonymous or silent or to mute your phone. Each call lasts approximately 15 minutes, except the Tuesday rosary which lasts about 30 minutes.
The coordinator of these calls writes, “We welcome you to join us in this blessed time as we unite our prayers for our loved ones, Courage and EnCourage before our Heavenly Father. ‘Again, Amen, I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.’ (Matthew 18:19-20)”
After prayer there is a book reading (approximately 5 minutes) and short discussion. The book reading is an attempt to educate ourselves that we may best combat the lies and proclaim truth, but is optional.
Please call in and join us!
Conference Call Schedule:
- Monday: Novena to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Consecration, and Marian prayers
- Tuesday: Rosary, The Sorrowful Mysteries
- Wednesday: Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help
- Thursday: Litany of the Precious Blood, Prayer to St. Aloysius
- Friday: Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Saturday: Chaplet of St. Michael, Prayer to St. Dymphna
- Sunday: Litany of the Saints