Director of Music and Liturgy
The Church of ST. Mary
The Church of St. Mary, Alexandria, MN, is seeking a Director of Music & Liturgy.
St. Mary’s, located in Alexandria, MN, is one of the largest parishes in the St. Cloud Diocese with 2100 families and a K-6 school of 240 students. Alexandria is a growing & vibrant community located in the heart of Minnesota’s Lakes Area.
St. Mary’s strives to live a Stewardship Way of Life which also means we strive to offer a competitive compensation package to our employees.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Music & Liturgy is to provide professional leadership in music and liturgy for the parish community.
1. Play, conduct, and/or accompany at rehearsals, services, liturgies, and other events, as necessary.
2. Prepare for rehearsals, services, liturgies, and other events by selecting, preparing, and arranging music, studying and preparing scores, organizing choral and instrumental music, and other as necessary.
3. Oversee functions of musicians and music liturgy by recruiting, training, and supervising Assistant Music Coordinator, instrumentalists, ensembles, Cantors, and vocal soloists.
4. Provide leadership for Liturgy Committee liaisons to oversee functions of liturgical ministers, including lectors, hospitality, extraordinary ministers, servers, Children’s Liturgy of the Word, and Adoration.
5. Oversee acquisition, organization, and maintenance of church instruments, music library, and supplies related to music and liturgy.
6. Work with Pastor to plan, coordinate, and evaluate liturgies for weekly, seasonal, and special services.
7. Provide guidance and consultation for families for wedding and funeral liturgies.
8. Facilitate communication between church members and liturgical and music ministries.
9. Work with Pastor and Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to schedule and train liturgical ministers.
10. Oversee production of all worship aids and programs with due diligence to copyright laws.
11. Serve as a resource for concerts, festivals, workshops hosted by St. Mary’s.
12. Serve as a resource to various parish ministries including, Faith Formation, Evangelization, and grade school.
13. Work with Communications Coordinator to communicate and develop ongoing liturgical formation by such means as writing articles for the church bulletin and newsletter, posts for email blast, and offering educational opportunities.
14. Participate on Staff Leadership Team.
15. Prepare, submit, and monitor an annual budget including income and expense estimates for all areas of responsibility.
16. Maintain quality and productivity at highest levels.
17. Able to work within a team.
18. Follow safety and good housekeeping practices.
19. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
· Live and actively practice the Roman Catholic faith.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good organizational skills; time management, delegation, long-range planning.
· Regular and consistent attendance.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor in all situations.
· Proficiency in keyboard, vocal and conducting skills.
· Maintain professional competence though continuing education & faith formation.
· Ability to work well with people of all ages.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Todd Wentworth, Parish Business Administrator, at email@example.com
General inquires may be sent prior to application.
Position will remain open until filled.