Saint John’s School of Theology and Seminary
The School of Theology and Seminary (SOT/Sem) at Saint John’s University seeks a full-time, benefit-eligible position of Executive Assistant of the SOT/Sem.
Under the supervision of the Dean of the SOT/Sem, this position is part of a team that supports the administrative life of the school, ensuring the schedule and flow of communication in and out of the dean’s office. The position coordinates with the directors of Admissions, Development, Formation, Grants, and Student Services to ensure strong communication across departments as well as regular meeting cadences. The Executive Assistant generally supports faculty and staff through Luke Hall office management and supervision of student employees. The position also coordinates meetings of the SOT/Sem Board of Regents, maintains institutional data for the school, and oversees logistics for SOT/Sem public events. This person is often a first contact for SOT/Sem constituents and serves as a vital ambassador for the school.
Saint John’s University (SJU) is a liberal arts college for men and a graduate School of Theology for both men and women and is also the home of the Hill Museum & Manuscript Library and the Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research. The campuses are located in the central lakes area of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies, and lakes. The campus is minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some SJU faculty and staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational, and sporting opportunities.
SJU is a Catholic college in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The university is dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at SJU. Learn more in our Institutional Statement on Diversity and in our brochure regarding Higher Education in the Catholic and Benedictine Tradition.
With a total enrollment of approximately 1,600 students, SJU has a unique coordinate partnership with the College of Saint Benedict (CSB), a liberal arts college for women. SJU and CSB are committed to the holistic transformational development of men and women within the context of a unified, coeducational experience. All students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to experience and engage with the two institutions. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu/about.
SJU offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program
- Ensures that the Dean’s office functions as the central collection point for information about faculty, staff and students
- Coordinates timely and accurate dissemination of information from the SOT/Sem to related constituencies
- Communicates school events and activities with appropriate departments of Saint John’s University
- Maintains the master calendar for SOT/Sem
- Assists with Dean’s Office e-mail and other correspondence
- Maintains appropriate distribution mailing lists for students, faculty, student work staff, and affiliated departments
- Works with Dean and Associate Dean to organize and support regular meeting cadences for faculty, staff, and department head meetings as well as oversees production and circulation of meeting agendas and minutes
- Works with administrative staff in consultation with the dean to coordinate the human and other resources needed to implement selected projects and tasks
- Reports staff vacation and sick days to payroll, maintains staff position descriptions, as well as records of HR and business office policies affecting personnel
- Coordinates the schedule and preparation of materials for CSBSJU leadership team, Board of Trustees meetings, and one-on-one President-Dean meetings
- Works with dean, faculty, and administrative staff in the work of assessment:
- Collecting and organizing materials for annual assessment, on-going review, and
- Assisting in the preparation reports, self-studies, etc.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise student work staff
- Purchase, monitor, and maintain each department’s office tools and supplies as needed, including:
- Supervise the use, care, and maintenance of the office equipment. The coordinator is also responsible for problem solving, calling for repairs changing toner, ordering paper, and keeping record of the number of copies per department for budget purposes
- Schedule and coordinate computer hardware and software updates, when needed
- Coordinate with faculty, staff, visiting guests, and job candidates the timely submission of reimbursable expense documentation
- Collect P-card allocations for dean’s signature
- Maintain spreadsheet of cost expenditures from Purchase Orders related to department academic budgets
- Ensure supporting documentation of receipts are collected in accordance with CSBSJU reimbursement and travel guidelines
- Coordinate scheduling of travel, accommodations, and public events for visiting guests, job candidates, and conferences sponsored by the SOT/Sem
- Maintain office filing system
Board of Regents
- Coordinates and schedules meetings of the Board of Regents and its committees;
- Archives board records
- Facilitates the preparation and assembly of materials for board meetings
- Organizes and ensures staff support for the board and board committees, including the preparation of minutes and reports, and maintains meeting schedules and agendas
Special Events and Hospitality
- Provides hospitality to guests of the school and the dean’s office; and
Assists in special events and activities as required
- Post-secondary education or 2-3 years related experience
- Experience in supervising others and delegating work
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Ability to coordinate communication among multiple parties
- Ability to incorporate feedback into projects and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain professional standards of confidentiality
- Articulation of a commitment to the mission and vision of the SOT/Sem
- Experience working in an office setting
- Experience supervising employees
- Experience coordinating event logistics
- Graduate degree in Theology or work experience in a church/pastoral setting
To Apply: Applications are accepted online by clicking on “Apply“. Candidates are asked to complete the application form and submit a letter of application and resume.
Applications received by August 26 will receive full review.
If you require an accommodation to participate in the Saint John’s University hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (320) 363-2508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of SJU to conduct a pre-employment background check. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Saint John’s also utilizes E-Verify as part of its onboarding process to confirm work authorization.
Saint John’s University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.