Hope After Abortion
We understand that feelings of grief, anxiety, guilt and anger are common not only for the woman who underwent the abortion, but also for the man involved, family, friends and even medical personnel.
The pain of loss is often buried initially, but may be manifested by relationship difficulties, depression, or other emotional and spiritual problems.
We understand that the pain caused by involvement with abortion is often not recognized by our society.
We offer compassion and mercy to those who are hurting emotionally and spiritually after involvement with abortion. We recognize that all of us have made choices that we later regret.
You may benefit from the services of Project Rachel if you are suffering from the following:
- Psychological numbing
- Re-experiencing the abortion
- A preoccupation with becoming pregnant again
The staff at Project Rachel offers:
- A confidential telephone number for you to talk with someone about your experience.
- Support from people specially trained to help you sort through unresolved feelings and conflicts.
- If you are on a faith journey, we can refer you to Pastoral counseling sensitive to your particular needs.
Project Rachel is a free service, open to anyone in need, regardless of faith. Visit this ministry held within the Office of Marriage, Family and Life – Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Or, contact them at 651-291-4515 or RespectLife@archspm.org