Primary Teacher – Elementary
Holy Cross Catholic School
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Welcome to Holy Cross School (HC) – we’re glad you’re thinking about joining our team!
Holy Cross is a Catholic Pre-K through 6th grade elementary school where, beyond academics, we teach respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, service and kindness. While we’re a Catholic school, we welcome faculty, staff, students and families of all faith backgrounds. You will work in an environment where children are eager to learn and parents see themselves as partners in their child’s education. Our 1:10 teacher/student ratio means that you will get to know each student individually, enabling you to celebrate their accomplishments and be readily available to help them with their individual needs. At Holy Cross, your colleagues all share your values of educating and nurturing each student to become the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s not just about academics, it’s about developing the whole self; their character, confidence, potential, God-given talents and faith.
We are confident you will love it here!
To deliver an academically excellent, Catholic education that develops the whole person and inspires a Christ-centered life in a global community.
Our Core Values:
● Care Deeply
● Share Generously
● Serve Willingly
● Speak Kindly
Holy Cross creates and nurtures an environment which supports students, educators and community in realizing their God-given gifts, reaching their full potential and developing their life-long relationship with Christ.
Successful applicant will possess and display:
● A clear love of children and desire to help them discover their God-given gifts.
● The ability to be flexible and understanding with children, parents and co-workers.
● The desire to continually improve as a teacher and member of the Holy Cross community.
● A positive attitude and a willingness to share that attitude with others.
● A desire to be part of something special and to contribute daily to that effort.
Job Posting Date: July 15, 2020, open until filled.
Job Start Date: 2020-21 School Year
Job Location: Holy Cross, 10672 Cty Rd 8, Kimball, MN 56353
Position: 1.0 FTE Elementary Primary Teacher
● Maintain and be responsible for instruction of your own homeroom.
● Implement best practice teaching and learning strategies into content area.
● Establish individual learner goals that reflect the Holy Cross mission, values and vision.
● Work collaboratively with department members to support the academic, social and emotional growth of students.
● Collaborate with other teachers to design and coordinate assessments and utilize data to target student needs.
● Communicate frequently with parents, colleagues, students, and administrators through all available means of technology.
● Be flexible and understanding with children, parents and colleagues.
● Establish and maintain high standards for character growth.
● Current Minnesota Teaching License required.
● Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education.
● Teaching experience preferred.
● Effective classroom management skills.
● Effective oral and written communication skills.
● Demonstrated experience in collaboration and problem-solving.
● Experience with curriculum and assessment design.
● Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
● Ability to use technology as an instructional tool.
To Apply: Send cover letter, full resume, teaching licensure, and letters of recommendation to:
Tracy Yarke, Office Manager
Emily Delano, HR Coordinator