Teacher- 1st Grade
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Job Posting Date: Updated December 1, 2021
Application Deadline: *Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Job Start Date: *Monday, January 3, 2022
Job Location: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School, St. Cloud, MN
Position: 1.0 FTE 1st Grade Elementary Teacher
Welcome to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School- we’re glad you’re thinking about joining our team!
SEAS is a Catholic Pre-K through 6th-grade elementary school where we work daily to deliver quality education in a Christ-centered atmosphere. We teach respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, service, and kindness. While we’re a Catholic school, we welcome faculty, staff, students, and families of all faith backgrounds. You will work in an environment where parents are your partners in educating their children. Our small class sizes mean that you will get to know each student individually, allowing you to help the child grow not only academically but emotionally and spiritually as well. At SEAS, all staff are valued members of the school community who are committed to helping all children in the school expand their God-given talents.
We are confident you will love the warm, friendly environment we have here at SEAS!
Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School is a faith community committed to the teachings of the Church with the mission to provide quality learning in a Christ-centered atmosphere for its students, families and staff.
We believe that quality learning takes place in a Christ-centered atmosphere. We believe each student’s academic potential will be developed and nurtured. The child’s uniqueness will be recognized, accepted, and affirmed. We believe each child is encouraged to develop a personal and communal relationship with Jesus and to follow His Gospel message. We believe the message of God’s presence through Jesus is celebrated in varied forms of worship. We believe that we are a place where acts of peace and justice are nurtured and developed. We believe the example of service given to the students by their parents, school, and parish will encourage them to serve their community through sharing of their gifts and talents.
Successful applicant will possess and display:
- A clear love of children and a desire to help them discover their God-given gifts.
- The ability to be flexible and understanding with children, parents, and co-workers.
- The desire to continually improve as a teacher and member of the SEAS community.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to share that attitude with others.
- A desire to be part of something special and to contribute daily to that effort.
- Maintain and be responsible for the instruction of your homeroom.
- Implement best practice teaching and learning strategies into all content area.
- Establish individual learner goals that reflect the SEAS mission, values, and vision.
- Work collaboratively with department members to support the academic, social, and emotional growth of students.
- Collaborate with other teachers to design and coordinate assessments and utilize data to target student needs.
- Communicate frequently with parents, colleagues, students, and administrators through all available means of technology.
- Be flexible and understanding with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Establish and maintain high standards for character growth.
- A current Minnesota Teaching License is required OR a letter from the college is sent to the school noting that the candidate has applied for a MN teaching license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and problem-solving.
- Experience with curriculum and assessment design.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Ability to use technology as an instructional tool.
Send cover letter, full resume, teaching licensure, and letters of recommendation to:
Kelly Vangsness, Principal
Emily Delano, HR Coordinator