St. Joseph Catholic School,
St. Joseph, Minnesota
Job Posting Date: August 15, 2022
Job Start Date: 2022-23 School Year
Job Location: St. Joseph Catholic School, St, Joseph, MN
Position: Aftercare Director, M-F 10am-6pm
Welcome to St. Joseph Catholic School (SJCS) – we’re glad you’re thinking about joining our team!
SJCS is a Catholic Pre-K through 5th-grade elementary school where, beyond academics, we teach respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, service, and kindness. While we’re a Catholic school, we welcome faculty, staff, students, and families of all faith backgrounds. You will work in an environment where children are eager to learn and parents see themselves as partners in their child’s education. Our 1:14 teacher/student ratio means that you will get to know each student individually, enabling you to celebrate their accomplishments and be readily available to help them with their individual needs. At SJCS, your colleagues all share your values of educating and nurturing each student to become the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s not just about academics, it’s about developing the whole self; their character, confidence, potential, God-given talents, and faith.
We are confident you will love it here!
To deliver an academically excellent Catholic education that develops the whole person and inspires a Christ-centered life in a global community.
- Care Deeply
- Share Generously
- Serve Willingly
- Speak Kindly
St. Joseph Catholic School creates and nurtures an environment that supports students, educators, and community in realizing their God-given gifts, reaching their full potential, and developing their life-long relationship with Christ.
The person selected for this position will be responsible for the supervision and management of the children attending the Aftercare Program.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Organization:
- Planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the administrator. This includes planning activities for the children.
- Planning, preparing, and caring for the Funzone rooms.
- Make any suggestions that may benefit the program.
- Prepare for the serving of daily snacks and purchase needed items.
- Prepare weekly bills for parents.
- Assist the administrator in preparing county vouchers.
Communication / Human Relations:
- Assist the staff in all appropriate ways
- Maintain appropriate communication with staff, children, and families at all times.
- Maintain an open, warm, and very professional relationship with all families.
- Be responsible for intelligently answering questions about the program.
- Plan bulletin boards and change with the seasons.
Classroom / Child Management and Supervision:
- Treat children equally, all races, religions, and cultures. Treat all children with dignity and respect and allow for individual differences. Provide an atmosphere of acceptance and caring for each child and show as much individual attention as possible to each child.
- Supervise and interact with children in all activities.
- Comfort distressed children immediately and provide first aid when needed. Notify parents and fill out the appropriate paperwork. Inform the administrator of any medical emergencies.
- Be familiar with all health and emergency policies and be ready to implement them.
- Lead small and large group activities.
Professionalism / Professional Development:
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and maintain loyalty to the program.
- Be certified in basic first aid.
- Assist with general housekeeping tasks so that the room is clean and organized at all times.
- Show initiative in suggesting improvements to the program
- Keep any information you have about a child, parent, family, or the program in strict confidence, respecting the trust placed in you.
- Keep personal concerns from interfering with work.
- You are mandated to report all suspected cases of child abuse or neglect to the administrator and help with the paperwork for the county.
Other job-related duties might be assigned by the administrator.
- Accountable to principal
- Relates role to school goals and mission
Education and Experience:
- Education: A minimum of a high school diploma with certification as a paraprofessional is preferred.
- Experience: Must have 1-year of experience working with school-age children.
- Skills: Must be able to maintain a professional attitude towards the children, the families, and the staff at all times. Must be able to communicate professionally and must be able to relate well with children..
- Initiative: Self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision, able to prioritize workload.
- Judgment: Must exercise confidentiality in all matters and must exercise good judgment in all phases of the job. Must be willing to fulfill job responsibilities in accordance with the school philosophy.
- Personal Characteristics: Must have a warm, friendly personality and be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others. Needs to be flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
Send a cover letter, and resume:
Peggy Frederickson, Principal
Emily Delano, HR Coordinator