St. Francis Xavier Catholic School (SFX)
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Job Posting Date: February 19, 2021, open until filled.
Job Start Date: 2021-22 School Year
Welcome to St. Francis Xavier Catholic School (SFX) – we’re glad you’re thinking about joining our team!
SFX is a Catholic Pre-K through 6th-grade elementary school where, beyond academics, we teach respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, service, and kindness. While we’re a Catholic school, we welcome faculty, staff, students, and families of all faith backgrounds. You will work in an environment where children are eager to learn and parents see themselves as partners in their child’s education. Our 1:17 teacher/student ratio means that you will get to know each student individually, enabling you to celebrate their accomplishments and be readily available to help them with their individual needs. At SFX, your colleagues all share your values of educating and nurturing each student to become the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s not just about academics; it’s about developing the whole self; their character, confidence, potential, God-given talents, and faith.
We are confident you will love it here!
To deliver an academically excellent, Catholic education that develops the whole person and inspires a
Christ-centered life in a global community.
Our Core Values:
– Care Deeply
– Share Generously
– Serve Willingly
– Speak Kindly
SFX creates and nurtures an environment that supports students, educators, and community in realizing their
God-given gifts, reaching their full potential, and developing their life-long relationship with Christ.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors and its President, the school Principal will direct the implementation of the academic and spiritual mission of their school in its daily operations, activities, and programs. He/she will oversee school staff and provide a safe, productive environment for learning. In addition, foster excellence in teaching and learning across all curricular and co-curricular programs and activities.
The principal will work in collaboration with the Catholic Community Schools Central Office to:
– Build on the rigorous traditions of Catholic education and focus on faith formation and development of the whole child – developing self-worth, moral character, a love of learning, and a sense of civic responsibility in all students
– Implement a rigorous PreK-6th grade curriculum and ensure that all teachers have the tools they need to help students achieve at the highest levels
– Use data-driven assessments to achieve student academic goals and inform instructional decisions and identify professional development needs
– Plan, institute, and oversee professional development for faculty and staff
– Balance collaboration (with teachers, fellow principals, and CCS leadership and staff) with strong leadership and to set goals, and build acceptance from teachers
– Create a calm, safe, supportive, and faith-filled learning environment where students are engaged and respectful of each other and adults in the building
– Ensure that parents are invited to become partners with the school in supporting their students
– Manage the process of academic reporting and recording, including grade reports, transcripts, permanent records, progress reports, parent-teacher conferences, and academic recognition
– Maintain a working knowledge of and familiarity with Minnesota educational standards and requirements
– Support recruitment of teachers unwavering in their commitment to student achievement and with an appreciation and a respect for Catholic culture, identity, and values
– Supervise, develop and retain competent faculty and staff in accordance with CCS policy and accrediting agency policies and evaluate teachers and staff as required.
– Advise and assist in budgeting and adhere to approved budgetary guidelines.
– Provide critical and contemporaneous feedback to CCS Office administrative processes.
– Assist with designing processes that are efficient and effective and reporting is accurate and up-to-date.
– Advise, direct, and assist with the Student Recruitment and Retention Plan and other school promotional campaigns and community relation efforts
– Advise and assist with the fundraising efforts including annual fund drive, endowments, and parish investments.
– Perform other duties as assigned
– Knowledge of best practices and proven pedagogical techniques
– Demonstrated openness to feedback, and a willingness to be reflective in order to grow as an educator and the school-wide instructional leader
– Technological proficiency and adaptability
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Flexibility to multi-task, coupled with the ability to set priorities and follow through with results
– Relentlessness and willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure success
– An uncompromising belief that all students can learn
– Maturity, sense of humor, humility, and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
– Respect for and appreciation of the Catholic faith and Catholic education.
– Must respect and uphold Catholic social teaching.
– Must pass a background check
Education and Experience:
– A bachelor’s degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred
– At least four years of teaching experience with a track record of high achievement
– Successful experience leading adults and managing cultural change
– Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
– Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and letters of recommendation to:
Emily Delano, HR Coordinator
Website : http://www.stfrancissartellschool.org/