September 14, 2015
Allegations of past sexual misconduct involving Father Donald Rieder were made recently. Because of these allegations, Bishop Donald Kettler has asked a Diocesan Response Team to hold listening sessions for the people of all the parishes in which Father Rieder served. There will be listening sessions on the following dates:
- Thursday, Oct. 15, 6 p.m. at St. John Cantius, St. Cloud
- Thursday, Oct. 15, 8 p.m. at St. Anne, Kimball (with St. Agnes, Roscoe and
St. Louis, Paynesville)
- Friday, Oct. 16, 7 p.m. at St. James, Randall (with St. Stanislaus, Sobieski)
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 6 p.m. at Assumption, Morris
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 8 p.m. at St. Mary, Alexandria (school cafeteria)
Father Donald Rieder served in the following parishes: St. Mary, Alexandria, June 1955-September 1958; St. James, Randall, September 1958-December 1964; St. Anne, Kimball, December 1964-June 1969; Assumption, Morris, June 1969-June 1970; St. Agnes, Roscoe, June 1970-July 1971; St. Louis, Paynesville, July 1971-July 1976; St. Gabriel’s Hospital, Little Falls, August 1977-July 1984; St. Stanislaus, Sobieski, March 1980-July 1985; St. John Cantius, St. Cloud, July 1985-July 1995.
You are invited to attend any of these listening sessions.
These sessions will have three primary goals:
- to assure parishioners of Bishop Kettler’s support and assistance;
- to offer a process whereby sexual misconduct issues/concerns can be voiced and discussed; and
- to allow other potential victims the opportunity to come forward and receive assistance and healing.
The Diocesan Response Team will be present for any parishioners who wish to attend. The listening sessions will not be open to the news media.