January 14, 2016
An allegation of past sexual misconduct involving Father Antonio Marfori was recently made. Because of this allegation, Bishop Kettler has asked a Diocesan Response Team to hold listening sessions for the people of all the parishes in which Father Marfori served. There will be listening sessions on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Feb. 2, 6 p.m., for St. Paul, Sauk Centre (to be held at Our Lady of Angels due to the remodeling project at St. Paul Church).
- Tuesday, Feb. 2, 8 p.m., at St. Agnes, Roscoe (with St. Margaret, Lake Henry).
- Thursday, Feb. 4, 6:30 p.m., at SS. Peter and Paul, Gilman (with St. Elizabeth, Brennyville, and St. Joseph, Morrill).
- Tuesday, Feb. 9, 7 p.m., at Cathedral High School (with St. Francis Xavier, Sartell).
- Thursday, Feb. 11, 7 p.m., at Christ Our Light, Zimmerman.
Father Marfori served in the following parishes: St. Francis Xavier, Sartell, part-time associate, October 1978; Cathedral High School, St. Cloud, 1978-1980; St. Paul, Sauk Centre, 1980-1984; post-graduate studies, 1984-1985; St. Agnes, Roscoe, 1985-1993; St. Margaret, Lake Henry (while continuing at St. Agnes) 1987-1993; St. Pius X, Zimmerman, 1993-2007; St. Anne, Kimball, 2007-2008; canonical administrator, St. Elizabeth, Brennyville, SS. Peter and Paul, Gilman, and St. Joseph, Morrill, 2008-2010; leave of absence (medical), 2010.
People are invited to attend any of the above listening sessions. These sessions will have three primary goals:
- to assure parishioners of Bishop Kettler’s support and assistance;
- to offer a process whereby sexual misconduct issues/concerns can be voiced and discussed; and
- to allow other potential victims the opportunity to come forward and receive assistance and healing.
The Diocesan Response Team will be present for any parishioners who wish to attend. The listening sessions will not be open to the news media.